About our Company
NovaSignal Corp. is a Los Angeles-based medical robotics startup developing and commercializing technologies to measure and track brain health. The company’s technologies integrate ultrasound, robotics and machine learning to empower neurologists with critical information about brain health to make clinical decisions and improve patient outcomes.
Summary of Position
The Supplier Quality Manager will be responsible for managing global supply chain quality. This person will be responsible for maintaining and improving component quality to meet product safety, reliability, and performance specifications. This resource is highly collaborative with Engineering and Compliance teams to define component and supplier quality inspection criteria and quality controls.
The Supplier Quality Manager develops a highly reliable and responsive supply chain and works with internal teams and suppliers to quickly address any non-conformance. This includes establishing quality and return processes and standards, auditing suppliers, investigating, and resolving reported quality issues. They drive rapid root cause and corrective action to ensure steady production and continuity of supply.
This resource will have the right mix of developing and implementing a foundation for growth, strong cross-functional collaboration skills and a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ attitude in a rapidly changing and high growth environment.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- You know time is of the essence and stakeholder interaction are handled such that your stakeholders are raving fans.
- You rely on your ability to dive into the details and ensure the information is correct and complete.
- You enjoy breaking issues into easy to digest facts and developing processes that resolve the issue.
- You will demonstrate the ability to listen, learn, and contribute to the team and you may be asked to lead process or product improvement teams.
- Ability to review and understand technical Product Requirements Documents (PRD) to develop effective product and process quality plans that include all phases of a product life cycle;
- New Product Development (NPD)
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Mass Production and End of Life (EOL)
- Quality leadership for all new product development programs for quality risk mitigation
- Quality leadership in new supplier evaluation, selection, development and ongoing management process
- Define and execute quality assurance and on-going reliability test standards and process
- Coordinate with Compliance teams to ensure we are meeting compliance and certification requirements
- Establish a foundation of best-practice and scalable quality strategies, processes, systems and visibility in a high-mix low-volume environment which includes:
- Critical control points
- Preventive measures
- Golden samples / specification process
- Monitoring procedures
- Corrective action verification procedures
- Product and supplier failure and trend analytics
- Direct manufacturer & supplier processes to ensure first pass quality during start-up and throughout product lifecycles
- Maintain and improve product quality by:
- Completing product, supplier and process audits
- Investigating customer complaints and address quality issues through root cause analysis, coordinating with cross-functional teams, and preparing and completing action plans
- Collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs (DFX), and manufacturing and training methods
- Influence suppliers to implement tests, screening/audit procedures and corrective actions where there may be little interest in cooperating
- Attract, maintain and develop strong quality professionals
- BS degree in Supply Chain, Quality Management, Manufacturing, or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 10 years recent quality management experience and using tools such as SCAR- Supplier Corrective Action Request, NCMR- Nonconforming Material Report, CAPA- Corrective Preventive Action, 5-Y, 8-D, FMEA- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Experience in Medical Device industry and understanding of ISO13485, ISO900s and QSR a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills cross-functionally at all levels of the business - internally and externally
- Experience in working with global teams and vendors
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading teams
- Results driven attitude
NovaSignal takes pride in their employees and offers a variety benefits, wellness programs, and company perks including:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible PTO
- Paid Holiday and Sick Days
- Team Bonding Events
- Promoting from Within
NovaSignal is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
NovaSignal does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of NovaSignal.