Neural Analytics is seeking an agile and experienced CFO to lead the financial functions of the company as it transitions from an early-stage medical technology startup to a potentially publically listed global medical device business. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, be driven to succeed, be creative and energetic.
Candidate must be a doer who can think strategically and act tactically. Responsibilities will include all financing functions within the organization from potentially taking the company public to managing day-to-day expenses.
High-level requirements of the candidate:
- Has a track record of success in life sciences companies ideally in the medical device hardware and disposables space.
- Has been the CFO of a company as it transitions from private to public via IPO or reverse merger.
- Has led financial strategies to include budgeting, internal process controls, SOX compliance, accounting systems.
- Can act as a CFO, controller, accountant, auditor, and financier.
- Has experience with accounting systems (such as SAP, Oracle, etc)
- Has created and submitted financial reporting to agencies such as SEC, Sales and Income and Use tax authorities.
- Has worked import/export, transfer pricing, profit distribution with US and Global Enterprises. Has worked with global currency transfers and hedging.
- Has raised money thru private and institutional investors.
- Has a working level understanding of regulatory requirements particularly limitations and opportunities with reimbursement, anti kickback, and Medicare and its requisite regulations.
- Has built and managed corporate operating budgets.
- Has corporate experience with financial institutions.
- Lead the Company in developing appropriate budgets and control those budgets to drive to profitability with significant growth.
- Leads forecasting and monitors WW trends to maximize financial opportunities and mitigate negatives.
- Drives investments into the company as required thru the private and public capital market along with private banking.
- Develops modeling to help analyze alternatives to maximize value creation from acquisitions, alternative financing, globalization, alternative product and market strategies.
- Writes and implements appropriate financial policies.
- Oversees and assures adequate Corporate controls to manage cash, assures operational cash needs, meets SEC regulatory needs, coordinates independent financial audits, spending levels, SOX requirements, audit committee compliance, etc.
- Completes and leads all required financial submissions to agencies, investors, management and the Board.
- Manages cash accounts within approved levels of risk to maximize return.
- Must be a self starter and is able to work independently and within a corporate executive group.
- Must be a positive personality with strong communications skills that will represent the company professionally and positively outside of the company.
- Is able to sort thru large amounts of detail and problems to recommend and drive sound solutions in a timely and professional manner.
- Is highly respectful of fellow workers from the lowest level to the executive and Board level.
- Has a strong sense of integrity, morality and ethics.
- Is results oriented.
Full time position
Reports to the CEO
Compensation depending upon skills and experience
Interviews conducted by CEO, CSO, COO, Board members and possibly others.
Candidate may be asked to give a presentation as part of the vetting process.
About the company:
Neural Analytics, Inc. is an LA-based medical device company that is addressing a global unmet need for immediate and non-invasive diagnosis of brain disorders, including stroke, dementia and trauma. The company was formed in 2013 and has been cultivating its cutting-edge technology for the past 4 years. Neural Analytics is an agile and energetic workplace, staffed by a growing, high-performing team.